Followers
Popular Posts
-
Cecilia Kondrc was the daughter of Jan Kondrc and Anna Kondrc (dont know mother's maiden name). I believe that she was born in Brestov...
-
Today I spent some time at the San Marcos Cemetery taking some more photo's of the tombstones. I think I covered about another 50-75 ph...
-
A few month back I received a book from a relative of my "Decker" line. In this book there was a mention that Andrew Decker's...
-
I am trying to help a friend with their family tree and I know the parents and grandparents. I believe I have found the great grandparent wh...
-
Last week I talked about ordering the DNA kit from 23andMe for DNA Day. It arrived about 2 days after I purchased it and looked like this....
-
Surname – Muhlig Meaning/Origin – unkown From this link In our conversation he disclosed his Jewish origin, his ancestors having ...
-
Today it was announced over at Blogger Buzz that they have now allowed direct sharing of posts to Google+ from Blogger. To share a post wi...
-
Emilie Stedry was the daughter of Joseph and Sofie Stedry. Emilie was born September 25, 1857 and was also married to Gottlieb Lederer. ...
-
Surname – Lederer Meaning/Origin – occupational name for a tanner or leatherworker. Countries of Origin – South German, Alsatian, a...
-
So my grandmother's birthday is coming up soon, at the end of this month, and I want to do a few things for her (already talked about th...

I would recommend checking in with the cemetery office before taking photos. A couple of reasons why. First, it will give them a heads up and allay any concerns that may arise about you spending a goodly amount of time in the cemetery taking photos. Second, they are the experts, and they will be able to give you information about the layout and the graves themselves.
ReplyDeleteI just take pictures and handle questions as they come up. I don't take photos in small cemeteries where a funeral is in progress, and in the larger ones, if there is a funeral, I go off to a section far away.
ReplyDeleteThat said, most of my graving happens on weekends when the office (if there is one) is closed.
It's worth checking with the cemetery, or in Derry, NH, with the "Friends of Forest Hill Cemetery". They have a big project underway to provide photos and bios for each grave, so you don't want to duplicate efforts, and there may be some other way you can help out. But not every cemetery has an office, or a "friends group".
ReplyDelete