Followers
Popular Posts
-
Cecilia Kondrc was the daughter of Jan Kondrc and Anna Kondrc (dont know mother's maiden name). I believe that she was born in Brestov...
-
Last week I talked about ordering the DNA kit from 23andMe for DNA Day. It arrived about 2 days after I purchased it and looked like this....
-
Today I found something new over at Google. It seems they are coming out with something new every month these days. Today they released th...
-
As we hit the end of the free census weekend, I wanted to look back and see what I have accomplished with matching census records with known...
-
I know that I have made many posts about this story, but I like to bring it up every once in a while in the hopes that I might be able to fi...
-
Surname – Muhlig Meaning/Origin – unkown From this link In our conversation he disclosed his Jewish origin, his ancestors having ...
-
While checking my daily websites on all things genealogy, I came upon a post by Randy at Geneamusings, asking why do we do genealogy. Now h...
-
Brüder Perutz was a textile company formed in 1864 in Prague, Czechoslovakia by two brothers Sigmund and Leopold Perutz. After the deaths...
-
I know its Wednesday, but I wanted to post a week in review early. I am making plans for when I do have real internet access for my famil...
-
Today I found a ton of newspaper articles about Franz Maczek over at ANNO-SUCHE . I figured I would grab one of the articles and see if an...

I would recommend checking in with the cemetery office before taking photos. A couple of reasons why. First, it will give them a heads up and allay any concerns that may arise about you spending a goodly amount of time in the cemetery taking photos. Second, they are the experts, and they will be able to give you information about the layout and the graves themselves.
ReplyDeleteI just take pictures and handle questions as they come up. I don't take photos in small cemeteries where a funeral is in progress, and in the larger ones, if there is a funeral, I go off to a section far away.
ReplyDeleteThat said, most of my graving happens on weekends when the office (if there is one) is closed.
It's worth checking with the cemetery, or in Derry, NH, with the "Friends of Forest Hill Cemetery". They have a big project underway to provide photos and bios for each grave, so you don't want to duplicate efforts, and there may be some other way you can help out. But not every cemetery has an office, or a "friends group".
ReplyDelete