Current brickwalls in my tree

/
0 Comments
It has been a long while since I have done a once over on my tree and see where I stand on certain lines, but I decided tonight to see if I could make any headway. 

Gerrity (My line Scranton, PA)-  I am still stuck at Patrick Gerrity and Jane Sheridan.  I know that they came from Mayo, Ireland and I believe that they stayed there and that the 3 daughters came to America, but its been hard to validate the right Patrick Gerrity/Jane Sheridan, or maybe I have been overthinking it. 

Either way, Patrick Gerrity (abt 1833) and Jane Sheridan (abt 1841) had at least 3 daughters:
Bridget Gerrity  (b 1885) - My line (married Lawrence Toomey)
Winifred Gerrity (b 1881) - John Brady
Anna Gerrity  (b 1872)  -  William Mckenna

I also have an image where it says that 2 were twins out of the three, but no family remembers which, and all the data that I have currently shown different years of birth.  I would think with a name like Winifred it should be easy to figure out the family, but I could not find an immigration record for her, maybe she was married before arriving?

The next family that has a brick wall is the Toomey line. (Lived in Scranton PA)
Lawrence Toomey married Bridget Gerrity.

Lawrence parents are
Anastasia Cullen and Peter Toomey.  (both abt 1847)

Now family says they were from England, but I think all information leads back to Ireland for this family.  I do have death certificates for both Anastasia and Peter (well Ancestry does, and I currently do not have a subscription.)

The third family would be Maczek

Johan Maczek (1820) Czech or Austria birth who married Josefa Podmola
-Child Anton Maczek - married Marie Pergal. 

I found Anton birth/marriage and it mentions a last name change from Macek to Maczek. 





You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.