Henry Jorgensen (I need some help)

/
3 Comments
So my grandmother's birthday is coming up soon, at the end of this month, and I want to do a few things for her (already talked about the digital picture frame).  Next is I want to see if I can research someone she met while traveling across the ocean.  Lets set the scene here:

1944 (England)

My grandmother, and great grandmother are heading to the United States from England.  The are on board the MS Erria.  The ship was supposed to enter into New York but was diverted to Halifax, Canada (Pier 21).  During this trip she met a waiter (steward) named Henry Jorgensen.  

Info about Henry:
Born: 1920 (rough as stated in 1944 he told my gram that he was 24)
Location: Denmark (Copenhagen)
Hair: Blond
Eye: Blue
Occupation: Steward onboard MS Erria

He had family (uncle) in NY/NJ gram was unsure because at the time she was unaware of any locations in the US.   After the ship ride, when Henry was back in the US (NY) prior he would send a telegram to my gram parents giving the heads up.   They lost touch eventually.  I would like to see if I could find any information about Henry.

1.  Is he still alive (he would be about 87.)
2.  Is he married
3.  Were does he live
4.  Does he remember her (that would be pretty hard to get)

Well if anyone has any idea's of were to get started on this one please let me know.


You may also like

3 comments:

  1. If you have an Ancestry subscription, you can use the U.S. Public Records database and the US Phone and Address Directories, 1993 - 2002 database to see if you can find contact information. You can also use the Social Security Death Index (found at Ancestry, Rootsweb, and several other areas) to see if he is still living.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestions, one issue right now is I dont know if he ever actually imigrated to the US. I wonder if its possible to get employee records from the ship, or where to even look into it. On top of that not being a direct relative its probally pretty hard to get that information. I did find a Henry Jorgensen from Denmark, but he was born in 1907, possible to be related but there was no contact information, just that he was a cyclist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try the whitepages online. I believe that they have numbers for people not just in the U.S. but around the world. You'll probably have to call a bunch of possibly matches, but that would be pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.