23andMe Family Tree Beta

/
0 Comments
I recently have been playing around with the new Family Tree Beta on 23andMe.  I was a little confused with it since I was unsure of which side parental/maternal should be on some lines, but was able to get it figured out eventually.

It was cool to try and figure out where the DNA matches were in my tree, which I had to bounce off of my Ancestry tree to narrow down the relationship.   This also enabled me to provide much-needed information about our connection when contacting relatives. 

I just wish more of my relatives had done their DNA on 23andMe to see the extent of the tree that you can create on the Family Tree Beta.

Since the last time I had checked out the new feature, it looks like they have conducted some refactoring, which I don't see anything radically different except it flipped the paternal/maternal placement in my tree.  I am sure there are some changes in the background that are not too evident.  


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.