Tombstone Tuesday - David John Decker

/
0 Comments
This was taken a few years ago on a trip to Scranton/Dunmore PA.  I believe this was in the Moscow Cemetery (or Moosic) cant remember for sure.  I never thought at the time to really mark where I took some of these photo's.  
The tombstone is for my great grandfather (paternal).  His full name was David John Decker, and worked for the Erie Railroad company.  He was married to a Maude Malinda Jackson, and they were married for 75 years according to an article in the Erie Railroad (his obituary).  I also have his obituary for the Scranton Times.
I found one picture of him in the Erie Magazine, and nobody so far in the family has any other photo's of him.  Its kind of weird, because if you look at me, then my dad, and my grandfather, there is a "big" resemblance.  But if you jump to him its like out in left field.  I had to show him to my dad, and he kind of remembered him.  
I don't think he saw him that much, but that was another great find.


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.