Scranton Trip

/
1 Comments
I am back home after at trip to my family in PA.  While I was there I spent about two days in Scranton/Dumore area of PA, and copied about

  • 10 wills 
  • 5 marriage certificates
  • 10 Obituaries 
  • 20 tombstone photo's.  


Also while I was in town I stopped by a cousin who gave me some items of clothing from about 1900 one of them being a christening dress for a baby.  I saw the rifle from 1864  US Springfield type, which is still in pretty good condition, the bayonet is located at another relatives house.  I am hoping that they find the two bibles for my families so I can see them again, its been a long time.

Over the next few days I will be scanning the documents and posting links for everyone to have access to them.   All in all it was a very productive trip.  I am hoping that my contact with a genealogist in Luzerne pans out soon so I can get a copy of two wills for the Decker Family.


You may also like

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.