Tracking down my Toomey line (Looking for Help)

/
8 Comments

 Over the past few days, I have made a few more connections in the Toomey line of my family.  One new development was that I was able to connect Michael Toomey to the family, more so than just by having a gravestone in the same plot. 

I found Michaels Obituary shown below for 3 March 1923.   But I am unable to find his Death Certificate (PA).   It also lists his daughter married name different depending on what paper you look at.  Below is Mrs. Robsin, others show Mrs. Roache.

Michael Toomey Obituary

Taking this a step further I started looking at when they arrived in the country.  So far I have been unable to find any documentation for immigration/naturalization.  I have been working off the City Directories for Scranton.  

Based on this information I can glean that they most likely arrived in the country around 1891-1892.  With the first image being 1891 and the second image from 1893.  I don't know where they went in 1892 and I am only guessing the Ann/Lawrence are the same in both images.  Lawrence is my line and Ann would be his mother.   As you can see in one image she is widowed to Patrick, and the other she is widowed to Peter.  All documents lead to Peter as his name. 
1891 Scranton City Directory

1893 Scranton City Directory

I know that there is a "grave" in Cathedral Cemetery in Scranton for Peter, years back I found this out but there was no location know, possibly unmarked grave at that.  It was just listed in their documents. 

Peter is another one who I cannot find any documentation from.  There is no known Obituary, Death Certificate that I could find (*On Ancestry/MyHeritage/FamilySearch). But given the possible time period, I would think I could find some trace of him.  

I have searched for Peter, Lawrence, Anna/Anastasia immigration for the time periods but nothing looks concrete and there is no one around that can provide more details.  I don't know if they came directly to PA, or did they possibly live somewhere else?  

I do believe that they came from Ireland, and possibly moved to England  (at least one daughter is listed as being born in White Haven, England.  

Family
Peter Toomey -- Anastasia Cullen  (both born about 1847 per documents)

Children
Anna Toomey Osborne (b.1859 Ireland -- per documents, kind of young parents though)
Jannie Toomey Corey  --- born in England per obituary (moved to PA)
Lawrence Toomey - Born in Ireland (moved to PA)
James Toomey - Born in Ireland (moved to PA)
Peter Toomey - Born in Ireland - moved to Iowa
Michael Toomey - Born in Ireland - (moved to PA)

Any help would be appreciated.
 



You may also like

8 comments:

  1. Yes hello my name is Julie Dunn Anna Toomey and Wm Osborne were my fourth time great grandparents.yours Julie Dunn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, Do you have any info on that part of the family? I have not gotten anywhere further.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey David it’s Julie I was wondering if all of our family is from Ireland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Toomey and Gerrity I believe are from Ireland.

      Delete
  4. Wm Osborne “ Merry Christmas David I just realized that Wm Osborne was born in England and his wife Anna Toomey born in Ireland they married in Scranton I am trying to find info on his parents a Patrick Osborne who married a Mary in Eng but I hope you and yours have a Merry Christmas your cousin Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey David it’s Julie I found records that our mother had and discovered that Wm Osborne was born in Ireland in 1870 his parents were Patrick Osborne and a Mary Kerviss and that is where I am stuck yours Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey David did you ever hear of a problem as to the Will of Anna Genter of Scranton

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey David it’s Julie I was wondering if you would have any info on Mary Kerviss Osborne

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.