Toomey/Cullen - Possibly Ireland?

/
0 Comments
So one of my ancestors has on their birth certificate that they were born in Dublin, Ireland, while the rest of the family, I have listed as England (for lack of real information).  I was always told Toomeys are from England and the Gerrity's are from Ireland. 

So today I found an Ireland Birth registration for Peter J. Toomey with parents of Peter Toomey and Anastasia Cullen.  (Which are his parent's names by the way), and it was in a town outside of Dublin, but still considered Dublin for the Parish. 

Next, I found James Toomey (One of Peters's brothers) who was born in the same town as Peter above with the parents of Peter Toomey, and Anastasia Cullen.   I was thinking ok one could just be a fluke maybe someone with the same names, but I was at two.

A few minutes I find Anna Toomey (One of the names of Peters's sisters) born in the same town as Peter and with the same parents (Peter Toomey, and Anastasia Cullen.  What are the chances that this would be my family?

The years are slightly off from what I have, but it was mostly based on Census data for the birth year/birth location (I think the largest off was about 7 years). 

I am still missing a few of the family members (Lawrence, Jannie, and possibly a Michael).  But I saw and Obituary notice which I  cannot read (subscription) stating Jannie Toomey Corey was born in White Haven, England. 

As for my line Lawrence, I have yet to find anything credible anywhere for him. 



You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.