Thoughts on Travel and trying new things.

/
1 Comments
As I have been traveling alot lately, I started to remember when I was young and traveled with my grandmother.  One of the holidays I do remember was going to England/France, and the other was Africa. 

I was alot younger back then, probally 10 when I went to England and France, but I do remember the food there and how I needed Mcdonalds over French food, and thier milk was differant also, which I would not drink.

As for Africa, I was probally a junior in high school by then, and well that was another trial, floating down the Nile, and I was a pain, would not eat anything that was not a food I knew.  I think I ate banana's alot (they were small and very good) but I was just horrible at trying new foods.  I also remember getting pulled into a store once in Nigera, the owner said about 4 people were following us, and they probally planned to mug us.  That was a good save.

Its interesting to see how stubborn I was when I was younger, and how much my habits have changed.  I am not sure when they changed, but the other day I was in Japan, and I was eating Udon noodles, with octupus, scallops, chicken, ect.  I have also eaten sushi.  My favorite foods have moved from Mcdonalds to Thai food.  And I am always ready for the most part to try something new for food, as long as it has a good look.  I even ate octopus in a chile sauce (which was amazing btw).

How many of you have experiences of traveling and trying new foods?  Or just breaking away from the normal tours to see something new.


You may also like

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing how much our taste in food can change? I wasn't exposed to many different foods as a child, so I don't know whether I was finicky or not. But I do know that as an adult I love sushi!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.