Erie Railroad Magazine

/
4 Comments
Last night, I guess we can call it this morning (2am). I was awake and bored, so I started with ERIE Railroad, I know for a fact that my ancestors worked there, so it seemed like a good place. With the help of places like Railfan and Erie Employee's I was able to get a solid list of articles in the Erie Magazines. Now the fun parts starts. I have already emailed the contact at the Employee website, he only has 48 issues, and he has given me a contact for a railroad history site in NY, the next step. Hope there is some valuable information there.


You may also like

4 comments:

  1. My husband has an uncle who was killed in a train wreck while working for the Erie RR as an engineer. He was 27 yo. I've found the listing with his name along with the magazine issue & p. #, but can't find the magazine from 1922. Do you have any suggestions?
    Thanks!
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Contact Salamanca Rail Museum, salarail@verizon.net I believe they have some copies of the magazine, that would probably be your best bet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My great grandfather worked for the Erie in Port Jervis, New York as a machinist. The Erie RR Magazine mentions a picture of him, in issue 1943-09. I can't find this issue or anyone who might have a copy of it. Any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good afternoon, I am hoping you help me located photographs/articles/notices of death on Thomas H. Lanning. He worked in the Susquehanna Depot yard for the Erie Railroad.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.