Keeping track of searches

/
0 Comments
Today I was trying to figure out which names in my family tree that I have searched through Google, Footnote, Ancestry, Geni, ect.  But for the life of me I could not remember every search I have done.  And I am sure there is a way to make a note in your genealogy software.  But I decided to take another approach into figuring this out myself.

I decided to create an excel document through Family Tree Builder.  So now I have an excel document of over 1500 names, that I can put nice little Y/N next to each online search.  Not the most efficient way to do this I am sure, but it works for me right now.

Anyone else have any better idea's for this?  I guess I could of actually put in the citations but that would be to much work now wouldn't it.


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.