Happy New Year from FamilyHistoryTracing

/
0 Comments
I want to welcome everyone into 2011.  Its 12:15 in the morning on January 1st, so I think its an appropriate time to start my first blog post of 2011, and reflect on my genealogy, and postings from 2010.   I have to say that I believe that 2010 was my most productive year in both my genealogy but also in postings.

Over the course of 2010 I made roughly 200 posts about my family, brick walls, genealogy and the companies behind genealogy.   I hope that a few of those posts were helpful to someone, and I will be trying to making more posts this year.  I would love to say that I will make at least one post a day but I dont know if I will be able to do that.  I will do my best to not just provide posts but to make sure that those posts have some substance to them and that they will be useful to the community.

As for a look back at my research during 2010 I was able to get about 100 documents (Wills, obituaries, marriage certificates) from Scranton scanned, documented and posted online.  I was provided two book from  cousins of different lines about our family which I was also able to scan.

Thanks to FindaGrave I was able to get 6 new tombstones for my KONDRC lines over in Ford City, PA.    I did my own photography at a local cemetery and finished about 35 percent of the grounds so far, (San Marcos Cemetery).     And I connected with my new relatives from around the world.

I hope to do just as good this year or even better in my research.


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.