1900 Dunmore Street Index Completed

/
1 Comments
Tonight I finished the 1900 Dunmore Street Index.  I finished Ward 1-6 consisting of Districts: 19-26.  There was over 200 images at least.  Its pretty simple made in an excel document for easy access.  If I can figure out how to transcribe it into a search database I will, maybe put it into an access database, or mysql?

Anyone have any suggestions?  Its about 9 worksheets written in excel 2007.  I can I can place each page online somewhere also, I will be contacting the USGENWEB for Lackawanna to see if they would like to host it also.

I don't believe it is in a violation, as it does not directly connect to the Ancestry website it just based off those images, and all it shows is District/Ward, Image, and Housing Numbers, but NO NAMES.

My next Street Index will be Scranton for the 1900, we will see how long that takes.


You may also like

1 comment:

  1. I recommend that you put it into a PDF file - will Excel transfer directly to a PDF file? OpenOffice 2.2 will do that for any of its components - word processor, spreadsheet, presentation, etc.

    You could put it on a web site where it would be searchable. You could create an e-book on Lulu and offer it for free or fee per download.

    Another alternative would be to put into an MSWord table and submit it to the US GenWeb Archives.

    Good luck -- Randy

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.