Talk to your Family

/
0 Comments
One of the most beneficial tips that I can pass on to any one starting genealogy is to talk to family members. I know it can be a delicate subject for some people to recount their history, but you never know what kind of information you might gather. When you do get the chance to sit down a talk to them, remember to bring a pen/paper or even a recorder. You might miss something while writing, but by having a taped conversation its saved forever.
Also I know this sounds kind of bad, but do it sooner then later, you might miss an opportunity to get vital information if a family member passes away. And make it a habit of talking to them often you never know when new information will be remembered. Its happened to me countless times were a new person suddenly comes to light. I would be able to connect A to B and have a fresh start to tackle the wall. Stand by for more tips.


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.