Quebec research

/
0 Comments
My wife's family is from Montreal, Quebec. I am trying to do her side of the family tree so my children know thier family, but its kind of hard to get into.
First I don't really know any websites that are for Canadian Genealogy, and then for Quebec mostly. On top of that, I have found one or two but they are in french, and well my wife is fluent, I am not.
My current tree for my wife is shaky at best, as it seems a little differant for naming conventions, this could be just cause I dont understand it, or maybe there is a issue. There is also the issue that the family doesnt remember that far back with names and dates.
Because we live so far away, I prefer to do as much of my research on the internet. Does anyone know of a website that provides newspaper articles for Quebec? What about Census? I can then work from there, I know there is ancestry.ca, but I believe that will be very expensive. Any other idea's?
Does the FHC in San Diego, would that have any Canadian information? Or the Carlsbad Library?


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.