The Begining of Genealogy - A Question

/
0 Comments
For the past few days I have been wondering when the concept, or work of genealogy began.  From this I did a few search's on Google to see what I could find to no avail.  All searches for "Begining of Genealogy", "Start of Genealogy", "Originator of Genealogy", "Start of Family History" led me to online posts about how to start your own family tree which is great, but not what I was looking for.  I even went and looked around some other genealogy websites in hope of an answer, so far not so good.

I would have to assume as of right now it would have began during the medieval times.  I am probally wrong in this assumption, but I really don't have much to go on.  I would believe they would need to know the lineage of the nobles during this time.  As of right now, I cant seem to even find a name for them.  It would be interesting to me, to find out who, or even when the idea of family history became a notion to anyone, and possibly for what reasons.

Was it the need for royal blood?  Did the Egyptians care about Lineage for the Pharaohs?  After a time, did anyone do one for Jesus?  These are all questions that have been nagging me for some time.

I would like to know who was the Father/Mother/Originator of Genealogy.  There is the father of modern physics, the father of classic science.  Just a thought.  Anyone have any idea's to push me in the correct path?  Would anyone else like to learn a little bit more of how this need to know family history began, the who's, what's, why's, where's, and when.  I believe that is called the five w's.


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.