Land Deeds for Lackawanna County

/
0 Comments
Today I found the Dumore Historical Society website from a message left for me on Genealogywise.  While on thier website I found the newsletter which lead me to the Lackawanna County website.  In the newsletter they mentioned that the county has put deeds online so I thought I would give it a try.

At first I was getting a little frustrated with the searching.  Its not the best search engine to use, I had to put in full SURNAMES, and * for a first name, if I put a full first name I got nowhere.  After a bit of searching I was able to find about about 10 deeds so far on about 3 families.  After reading the deeds I was also about to get about 3 date of deaths for family members, and I believe one new person to add to the tree.

One thing about the deeds is the indexing only goes back to about 1976.  Once you find a deed 1976-Present you have to read it to find the Deed Book/Page number so you can go directly to those pages the first deed is refering to.  Most of the pages are scanned great, some of the older are hand written documents so they are hard to get any real information from it.

I hope to be able to find some more deeds with time permitting. 


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.