Windows 7 on my Netbook

/
0 Comments
The other day my netbook was acting up so I decided to load Windows 7 on it. I personally don't like Vista, but I heard good praise about 7, so I figured I would give it a try. My current rig is a EEE PC 901, with a 4g primary hard drive.

I had to get a stripped down version of 7 mind you. I downloaded Windows 7, and the processed it through Vlite. Basically Vlite will strip away everything that is not required to have Windows up an running.

It runs pretty smooth on my system, I would say maybe even faster the XP SP3, so far I am enjoying it, the only hassle I have currently is the 4g hard drive is close to being filled.

On a side note in the process of doing this I formatted the C: drive, and after the fact I realized that I had my MyHeritage database residing on it. Good thing that I just did an upload to Myheritage not a day or so before this occured. I was able to download the GEDCOM off of MyHeritage and get back up and running in no time. The only bad part is that I have to go back and readd all the pictures that were originally associated with the database.


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.