I might have found my Isaac Decker

/
3 Comments
A few month back I received a book from a relative of my "Decker" line.  In this book there was a mention that Andrew Decker's father was Isaac Decker based off some research.  I know that in the census's that I have found there was an Andrew Schrace living with this family.

According to the book Andrew's mother was most likely Anna Race, and that his father was an Isaac Decker. I have never found anymore information to substantiate this information until today.  As far as I have know Andrew Decker married a Hannah Teal, and he was born around 1802 based off Census records.

But tonight I did a search on Google for Anna Rase, on one search page this is what I have found.

1806 __ __ andrew, born 11 sep 1804, of isac DECKER & ana RASE; wit. andrew RASE [only]

After reading the book I also noticed that Andrew had a brother named John.  Need to start research him next, he was born also in West Copake, Columbia Co. N.Y.

I also found a whole lot of information at http://deckerjourney.com

They list possible connections in the book to go even further back the Isaac I just wish I could have more definitive proof.  The letter from the Genealogist gives a good bit of information on the back ground of the Decker's also.  I might have to try and contact him as I see he lives in the same city as me.


You may also like

3 comments:

  1. http://books.google.com/books?id=l2VGAAAAMAAJ&q=%22Anna+Rase'&dq=%22Anna+Rase'&source=bl&ots=Kx-gQZFx8s&sig=a5aEk6NJkJOVgBdsBfl4yGol4U8&hl=en&sa=X&ei=sZUVUKiKJYXj0QGy_IHYCA&ved=0CEcQ6AEwBQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi David-Just posted the link above. I'm descended directly from Isaac.
    nealdecker@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks will have to look into this book. Will shoot you an email to see where we maybe connected.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.