A new connection thanks to MyHeritage Smart Matches.

/
1 Comments
The other day I was playing around with the new version of Family Tree Builder and noticed I had a new Smart Match for one of my relatives.  This is not a new feature of Family Tree Builder 5.0, the above comment was just for relevance.

The relative in my tree was Adam Max Hopfengartner, at first I thought it was the usual matches, my tree for dynastree and my cousin Max's tree also from dynastree (Germany).  To my surprise it was a new match for for the Hopfengartner with someone I didn't know.



I loaded up the "View Tree" on Family Tree Builder and the first thing I noticed was that the other tree builder had a picture of Adam Max Hopfengartner.  This was looking to be a good day to gather some preliminary information about this surname.  I merged what was on the tree with my tree, and then sent the tree owner a message for good measure.

About a day later I received a message from the tree owner with a brief description of Adam Max Hopfengartner which was written in Czech.  Off to Google Translate to get a rough idea of the email.  It turned out to be a mini biography of Adam that was posted from the tree owners family to a Wiki in Czechoslovakia.    The tree owner also said that they were going to provide me with some more photo's, I can't wait the anticipation is killing me already.

I sent them another email telling them about my gram who's grandmother was Kunigunde Hopfengartner and how we are connected.  I hope to provide some new information to my gram on her family that stayed over in Europe when my gram and her mother came to the United States.


You may also like

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on getting nominated for Family Tree Magazine's 40 Top blogs!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.