My grams birthday is coming up soon.

/
1 Comments
At the end of January my Gram will be turning 84 years old.   She was born in 1927 in the Czech Republic, and came to America around 1945.  I have been trying to think of what to get her for her birthday and think that I have it narrowed down to a few items that I need to choose from.

I know she loves the research I have been doing with the family and I was thinking of presenting it to her in one of two ways.  It is either as a book or as a wall poster of her family ancestry, just not sure which.  I know that she is writing down parts of her history, but I don't think that she will be finished anytime soon with that one (trying to get her to scan it and email it me, easier said then done).

With a book it will be easier to have pictures put in place and have some nice biography's written up (that I would need to write up).  With a Family Chart it would be a nice way to present all the research in a nice way (I don't think she has seen the magnitude of what I have been able to find on our families compared to what we started with so many years ago.)

I would like to hear your opinions or if you have any other idea's please leave comments.


You may also like

1 comment:

  1. I think a book is a great option. Since she is writing down things, include blank pages interspersed throughout the book so the biographies that you write can help prompt her in her writing and help her organize the material. Having space to write about specific pictures might be nice to get some more background on the people and circumstances if she knows that information. I know it doesn't help with you getting the stories sooner, but I think it would be a wonderful keepsake!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.