My Haplogroups - 23andMe

/
1 Comments
I have been playing with 23andMe now for about a week now that the results are in.  The first bit of interest for a genealogist is probably the Haplogroups that you Maternal and Paternal sides fall under.  I decided to post mine here with what little bit of information that I know about them at the moment.

Maternal Haplogroup:K1a1b1a
Region: Near East, Europe, Central Asia, Northern Africa

-The K1a1b1a subclade is found in Ashkenazi Jews. It is a subclade under Haplogroup K (Wikipedia)
We already knew that there was Jewish lineage in our ancestry this just confirmed it.


Paternal Haplogroup:R1b1b2a1a1*
Region: Europe
R1b1b2a1a1* is a subgroup of R1b1b2
 R1b1b2a1a1 is most commonly found on the fringes of the North Sea.


I got some good information now,  in the next few posts I will be showing the Relative Finder, and other parts of 23andMe.  Once I figure it all out of course.  I am also waiting on a few more family results from 23andMe to see how this all works.  It should be interesting and I hope to find some relatives or at least a better understanding of where my families come from.







You may also like

1 comment:

  1. Looks like we are likely relatives. I am also in the R1b1b2a1a1* paternal haplogroup, and we have the same surname.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.