Looking for a possible connection: Isaac Decker 1780's

/
0 Comments
I am back at looking for my surname again.  I took a little time off since I hit a brick wall a while back.  To catch everyone up, I will go in reverse starting with my grandfather.

Grandfather - Albert Decker 1903-1997 - Married Mary Toomey
G Grandfather - David John Decker - 1871-1948 -  married Maude Malinda Jackson
GG Grandfather - Andrew Decker Jr.  1843-1914 - married Jane Price
GGG Grandfather - Andrew Decker Sr. 1804 - 1855 married Hannah Teal
GGGG Grandfather - Possible Candidate Isaac Decker

And that is currently where I sit with facts that I can show "proof".

Its been lost in the shuffle on where I got this information but lets start with Andrew Decker Sr. born 1804

1850 Census Records for Andrew Decker show he was married to a Hannah Decker with a child born 7 year prior.  The census is for Pittston PA where all my other DECKER family was from (Moosic, Dunmore).



I know he died from a hunting accident in 1843 based off of newspaper articles and land deeds.
He is listed as being born in NY, but I have not been able to find any births for Andrew Decker in New York.  I have his birth date listed as 11 Sep 1804. (NY)  In the census there is also another person living in the house of the DECKERS, and Andrew Rasce (Race/Rase)

A while back I received a DECKER family book from a side branch of the family that also lead back to my Andrew Decker and Hannah Teal.   From his research and discussion it was thought that Andrew had a father named Isaac Decker who was possible a Palatine.

He discussed this possibility with a Palatine researcher who found the West Copake, Columbia Co NY, showed a Isaac Decker w/ wife Anna Rase had two children:

Andrew born 11 Sept 1804 sponsor was Andrew Rase.
John was born 2 Aug 1813.

The father was called Isaac J. Decker per this he seems to think that the J is in referance to the first name of his father. (John/Joseph/Jacob)

He continued to check the church books and the next village to Copake - Linlithgo
Found a John L Decker and wife Christina Spoor had a son Isaac and Daughter Rebecca born 13 Oct 1782 (twins he believes).

Taking the L he belives the name Loren/Lawrence/ect might be a viable candidate, but he was unable to find any Lorenz Decker who had a son named John.

With this information it looks to be good, and I wish I had the records to back some of this up, I believe some of them are now available on Ancestry.  What does everyone else think?  Does it sound like that is the father of Andrew Decker (Isaac Decker)?  






You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.