Which online service do you use?

/
1 Comments
These days there are so many option to use for online genealogy. There is Ancestry, WorldVitalRecords, Genealogybank, Footnote, rootsweb, and that is just naming the real big ones. I am sure that I am missing other ones.
I have mainly used Ancestry, but am starting to wonder if the others are better, I know they are cheaper, but that does not always mean that they will be helpful. I have used Footnote with some good results, 5 images that I can use. But that's it for Footnote that I can find right now.
Genealogybank - 19.95 per month. I think there I have found about 6 articles right now, I know for a year its 70$. I may get that for my birthday coming up.
Well I would like to know what other people are using out there. Also if anyone would like some Footnote lookups, leave a comment here.


You may also like

1 comment:

  1. Hi David. Great blog! I'd like to take you up on that offer to do some Footnote lookups. I'm a 2nd generation Canadian and therefore, don't have much need for a full time membership to any of the databases you mentioned. That being said, I still occasionally look and find one or two things that peak my interest.

    I'd appreciate it if you could do two quick searches:

    1. Search for "Curkovic". The link listed as "Naturalizations - CA Southern".
    2. Search for "Cikoja". The link listed as "WWI - State Dept Records".

    Thank you in advance for your help. Please e-mail me at icurkovic (at) gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.