All over I see fellow genealogist's posting about their 2009 New Years Resolutions for genealogy. As I have just really got more involved in the aspects of genealogy, I am trying to figure out what I want to get out of it, if anything then just my family ancestry.
1. Get Connected: Even with my current love/hate with Geni, and other online sites, I want to get more connected with my family, even just to say hey we are related. I have done well in the past few years, adding new people "to the family." I hope this year will be even better.
2 Visit "Ancestral" Places: I doubt that I will get this one, as I will be gone on deployment but I can always dream, and there is always Scranton, PA, or Kittaning, PA.
3. Documents: Find more documents, be it photo's, obit's, land records, wills, either from local family members (which I probably hound on a weekly basis, or through normal genealogy process's.)
4. Blogging: I want to be able to post to more carnivals, and just make more worthwhile posts in general. I know that I may have certain issue's due to bandwidth, and even no knowing if/when will have internet. This year I made 170 posts, I did start mid-year, so let say I want 350 "good" posts next year, (I can dream right?)
5. Organize: I really need to do this, well actually finish this process. I have started it, but have not been able to finish it still. There is a lot of work needed in this one, so we will see how far I can get this cleaned up, along with making backups, and sending them to other family members in case of emergencies.
6. Source: I need to start actually putting in the information about were I get the facts from. Its been on/off that I have been adding sources into my family tree.