Geni Hot Matches

/
1 Comments
About two days ago I signed up for the Geni.com Pro account free trial.  I was hoping to use the hot matching feature that is only available to the pro users to see if there are any new connections.  

First looks at the hot matches I have 33 names that have hot matches with some matches reaching 99.  I was not really sure what to expect when I went to the first profile with one match.

First things first I like how the matching screen shows up, but after that it looses it novelty.  I was showing 3 pages of matches.  Like a kid in a candy store I clicked on the first match I saw.  What showed up baffled me though.  I was getting matches on names that had nothing in common except the name.  Parents, children, and even spouses we different.

Out of the 33 hot matches not one was a match for me.  While this in itself is not good or bad, but I do believe they have a lot of work ahead of them if they want to compete with something like MyHeritage's Smart Matching.

I will tell you that I did not go into the Refine Search, but for a hot match I would like to believe the criteria should be maybe 2 or 3 things in common at minimum.  I hope others are having better luck with matching then I did today.


You may also like

1 comment:

  1. It isn't just you. Geni's hot matches leave a lot to be desired. Right now they generate tons of false positives and it takes a lot of work to filter through them all to find the real duplicates. I have found some distant cousins via hot matches though so it isn't a complete waste of time.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.