Friday, August 31, 2012

One Step Closer with Re-Install FTM 2012

This morning I was able to contact Nova to verify that I purchased Family Tree Maker 2012 back in December of 2011.  Due to only purchasing the "link" for 30 days, it sounded like I would not be able to get access to the setup files via Nova again, but they were able to provide me with the registration number for when I do install the program stating the link for the download would not work anymore.

At this point I thought well at least I have the registration/serial number for the program, and I can see what I can do to get the setup file.  As a last ditch effort I decided to contact Nova again and tell them that I cannot find the setup file.

I was expecting to have to pay at least the "6.95" that they charge to make the link valid for 2 yrs, or even hear them say that you have to re-purchase the download, but I was surprised when then sent me a link with no questions asked.  Thank you Nova.

So now in the process of downloading Family Tree Maker 2012, and then will be installing it and getting everything back online.