Searching Brazil Civil Records Day 2

/
0 Comments
I am now on Day 2 or Day 3 of searching through the Death Record images for Brazil Civil Registration in Nova Iguaçu, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.   As of right now I have gone through 4 image sets and about 1200 images for the years 1970-1972.  I still have plenty more to go through as there are over 11 million images of which only 30K have been indexed.

I am still hopeful that I will find the needle in the haystack of images (2 in particular).  I may find more along the way, but I am mostly focusing on just the two names, as I can scan an image real quick focusing on looking for a Maria or a Francisco.

Now that I found that great little app that I talked about yesterday FastFilm, I have been able to triple the amount of images that I can look at in a day.  I think the first day I was at about 100 images and I thought that was a good number.   After using the app I was able to scan through about 300-500 images in one day. And this is only doing it about 1 to 2 hours a night.  I bet I could knock out more images if spent more time, but I think that 1-2 hours is good enough in this search.




You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.