Merge Gedcom

/
3 Comments
Currently I use two online sites to post my family tree, Geni and MyHeritage.  Now on Geni other's can make updates, add people, make changes, on MyHeritage/Family Tree Builder I think its just me.  But say that on Geni users find that some of the names/dates are wrong in my tree, or add 5 new names.
What would be the best way to take that GEDCOM, and merge it with my Family Tree Builder GEDCOM, in return be able to back it up online at MyHeritage?
I am not to sure on any programs that are out there just for merging GEDCOMS.  Please leave a comment and let me know what you think.


You may also like

3 comments:

  1. David

    What about importing both into a genealogy app like Family Tree Maker, doing a merge there then exporting out to GEDCOM?

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a faster way of merging GEDCOM files, have a look at GEDblend (http://www.pertecrr.com/gedblend/).

    ReplyDelete
  3. At the same site (http://www.pertecrr.com/gedblend/), you can pick up GBcompare - it is free! This provides a very detailed comparison of two GEDCOM files. This means you can spot the changes in the two GEDCOM files. Once you know what the changes are, you can update them manually (slow), or use GEDblend to do the merge for you (much faster). And you also then have a comprehensive history of the merge, which is rather nice.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.